“777 Days of Incredible Indian Himalayas” has been Launched by the ministry of tourism on 27th sept. 2013 (on the World tourism day) to attract both National and International travellers for spreading awareness of the fact that 73% of the Himalayan Range lie in India.
- Till now there has not been such a promotion in the national and international arena. It aims to tell the world that “Himalayas not only provide round-the-year tourism in the form of hard and soft adventure but also high altitude mountain peaks, rich flora/ fauna, bio-diversity hotspots, beautiful lakes, varied culture as well as realm of spirituality and wellness 777 Days of Incredible Indian Himalayas.
- Adventure Tour Operators Association of India (ATOAI) is collaborating with the Ministry of Tourism in this campaign
- Six Himalayan States are Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh
- Ministry will bear 50% of peak fee chargeable by Indian Mountaineering Foundation from the climbing expeditions, during the period of 777 days of the campaign.
- Ministry is trying to open new air strips in the region to facilitate travel (Defence and Home Ministries’ approval has been soughtfor this).
- “Himalayan Map and a Directory of Events” (containing the activities to be undertaken during this campaign), a book on safety regulations by ATAOI and two short films ‘Greatest Show on the Earth’ and ‘Life Altering Journey’ were also launched.