Constitution Day in India
Constitution Day in India is celebrated every year on 26th of November as the constitution of India was adopted by the Constituent Assembly on 26th of November in the year 1949 and came into force on 26th of January in 1950. Dr. Ambedkar is the Father of Constitution of India. After the independence of India Dr. Ambedkar was invited by the Congress government to serve as a first law minister of the India. He was appointed as the Constitution Drafting Committee’s Chairman on 29th of August. He was the chief architect of the Indian constitution and known for the strong and united India.
Indian constitution was first described by the Granville Austin to achieve the social revolution. The ever lasting contribution of the Babasaheb Ambedkar towards the Indian constitution day 2013 helps a lot to all the citizens of India. The constitution of Indian was adopted to constitute the country as an independent, communist, secular, autonomous and republic to secure the Indian citizens by the justice, equality, liberty and union.
When the constitution of India was adopted, the citizens of India were entered to a new constitutional, scientific, self-governing and modern India with the peace, poise and progress. The constitution of India is very unique all over the world and has taken around 2 years, 11 months and 17 days to pass by the Constituent Assembly.
Some of the following characteristics of the Indian constitution are:
- It is written and broad
- It is the democratic government – Elected Members
- Fundamental rights
- Liberty of judiciary, travel, live, speech, religion, education
- Single Nationality
- Indian constitution is both flexible and non-flexible
- Obliteration of caste system at the National level
- Common civil code and official languages
- Center is similar to a Buddhist ‘Ganrajya’
- Impact of Buddha and Buddhist rituals
- Since the Indian constitution came into act, the females in India got right to vote.
- Various countries all over the world have adopted the Indian Constitution.
- One of the neighbour countries, Bhutan has also accepted the Indian Democratic system.
Why Do We Celebrate Constitution Day
Constitution Day in India is officially celebrating event which is celebrated every year on 26th of November to honor and remember the father of Constitution, Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar. People in India celebrate their history, freedom, independence and peace after launching the own constitution of India.